Monday, September 19, 2011

How do I fix a low/mushy break pedal?

I had to change the front brake pads in my 95 chevrolet beretta a couple of days ago. I bled the tires then added in more brake fluid. When I pressed the brake pedal it went to the floor and didn't stop the car from moving.



The next day I bled all four tires and got a little more stopping power but the pedal is still touching the floor. The calipers were squeezing the rotors. This time I noticed that the amount of brake fluid in my reservoir pretty much stayed the same since the previous bleeding.



What could be causing the problem? Is it the master cylinder or did I not bleed it enough?How do I fix a low/mushy break pedal?You need to have somebody help you bleed the brakes until you get all the air out.

Sometimes this can be frustrating but keep after it until all the air is out.How do I fix a low/mushy break pedal?if you didn't follow the bleeding procedure it could do thatHow do I fix a low/mushy break pedal?First off make sure you have the back brakes if they are drum brakes set up and adjusted properly using the adjuster wheel on each one, set them so the brakes are dragging just a little against the brake drums, next you need to bleed the brakes in proper sequence, passenger side rear first, drivers side rear, passenger side front and finally drivers side front and don't let the fluid run out in the master cylinder while bleeding, keep it filled up, keep bleeding until you don't see any air bubbles coming out on each wheel.How do I fix a low/mushy break pedal?i agree with brian you didnt bleed them in the correct order
  • excel
  • can i help you
  •