Wednesday, September 14, 2011

HOw do I take the rear caliper off? It only has one bolt unlike the front pads...?

I have changed many front brakes, not back. I see only one bolt on the caliper that comes off. How do I get them off? Do I have to depressurize them or something? Please help for a 1995 Olds AuroraHOw do I take the rear caliper off? It only has one bolt unlike the front pads...?Very important: some cars with ABS have very highly pressurized brake fluid. You'll absolutely want to make sure your car isn't one of them, as a leak can significantly damage you, as brake fluid squirted through your skin is a direct injection into you of dirty brake fluid + whatever crap is blown into you along with it.



Consult a manual and make sure you aren't risking yourself.



Good luckHOw do I take the rear caliper off? It only has one bolt unlike the front pads...?Not totally familiar with the car, but the one bolt is probably a slider bolt. Should be able to just remove the one bolt then pull the caliper straight off. And with discs, the front is pretty well the same as the rears. Unless you want to change the parking brake stuff.