Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I changed my brakes front brakes, now they dont work?!?

I changed the front rotors and pads on a 2004 Sunfire.

After everything was done, I stepped on the brakes and the calipers will not squeeze together.

The brake pedal will go all the way to the floor no matter how many times i pump it. I then tried bleeding the brakes and when I open the bleeder screw and my buddy steps on the brake, no fluid comes out, although the master cylinder is full?



Any ideas? I need my car back on the road really soon, ThanksI changed my brakes front brakes, now they dont work?!?Nope, i've got no idea.

I tried to fix my brakes once and they didn't work quite right, only got about 20% braking efficiency, so I slowly drove to the nearby mechanic and had him fix my botched up attempt. Since you don't have any braking, you probably will need a tow.I changed my brakes front brakes, now they dont work?!?Could be the master cylinder is bad, or If the level went too low while you were doing the brake job, you will have to bleed the master cylinder before you bleed the brake lines... Were the brakes alright before you replaced them?...I changed my brakes front brakes, now they dont work?!?%26quot;Why did you Replace the Rotors %26amp; Pads?%26quot; Sounds like the Master has Internal Leaks and needs Rebuild + Flush and Refill Complete Braking System. Good Brake Shop or Station can help you with the Repairs.I changed my brakes front brakes, now they dont work?!?if you dident take lid off master when compressing calepers blowed seals in master because had to mush brake fuildin it need an new master cyl