Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Why have both front brakes seized up on my 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee???

The brake pads were changed about 1 month ago, but until yesterday, the truck was driving fine. Now all at once, both front brakes have seized up and I'm trying to figure out why. It doesn't make sense that both calipers would fail at EXACTLY the same time. My father suggested that the master cylinder is bad, but I don't want to jump to conclusions...



Has anyone ever had this problem before? What should I check first? And if all else fails, how can I be positive that the master cylinder is bad?



The metal brake lines were recently changed and flushed by the dealer, and there is plenty of fluid in the master cylinder. Any and all opinions are very much appreciated!



Thank you in advance.

Why have both front brakes seized up on my 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee???its possible its the master. open the hood, leave the lines on the master cylinder and take the two nuts off and slide the master cylinder toward the front of the car an inch, see if the front wheels free up, then bolt it back up to the booster and crack the two lines. brakes are a safety issue that should be repaired by professionalsWhy have both front brakes seized up on my 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee???ABS sensor?
  • printer wont turn on
  • ittwit
  •